Located in the North Coast and Guanyinshan National Scenic Area, the Fengzhimen Bikeway welcomes cyclists with distinctive landscapes and a lot of fun. Taiwan’s North Coast is well-endowed with attractions that include cultural, recreational and geological wonders, such as Juming Museum, Guanyinshan and Yeliu Geological Park. But this is an outdoor activity website and we think there’s no better way to enjoy the region than by cycling along the Fengzhimen and Jinshan-Wanli bikeways.
Today we’ll be featuring the Fengzhimen Bikeway.
This bikeway is formed from a former country road and coastal wooden paths. The scenic route links Sanzhi and Shimen and passes by temples and natural attractions, including Linshanbi, Baishawan, algal reefs, and tidal flats.
This scenic coastal cycling experience in Northern Taiwan is fantastic day trip to visit two scenic beaches and an enjoy coffee or tea overlooking the Pacific Ocean at one of the many cafes or restaurants in Qianshuiwan.
- Duration: Varies between 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Distance: 8.6km (one-way)
- Cycling on major roads: 900m
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Route: Out and Back
Map & GPX File
Attractions along Fengzhimen Bikeway
There are lots of things to do along this scenic bike path. Cyclists can stop in at any one of the numerous cafes and restaurants that are located along the waterfront in Qianshuiwan. Or maybe they’ll jump off their bike at one of the seemingly endless opportunities to explore the beach and oceanfront stretches with old military relics dotting the coastline. One thing is for certain, when cycling in Taiwan there are always surprises right around the corner.
Linshanbi – This prominent cape is rich in lava andesite and ventifacts. It looks out to Baishawan and Fugui Cape and has sandy coasts and beefwood trees that lend a South Pacific feeling to the area. There are also fantastic tidal pools during low tide tat are fun for kids and adults alike to explore. Swimming is permitted at this beach but there are no life guards on duty.
Baishawan Scenic Area – Baishawan (“White Sand Bay”) earns its name from the fine seashell sand of its beaches. The bikeway here is lined by windbreak trees and commands expansive views of the ocean. In summer, the coastal sand here is delightfully adorned with the sun-like blooms of blanket flowers. Bring your lock and some swim wear. This is a great beach to stop in for a swim. There are showers to clean up that cost $50NTD.
How to Get to Fengzhimen Bikeway
Driving – If you are driving out to Fengzhimen Bikeway, you can set your directions HERE. Note that the there is parking at Qianshuiwan Seaside Park 淺水灣海濱公園, but it can get busy and the lot fills up. Plan accordingly.
- Take the Kuo-Kuang Bus Jinshan line from Taipei Bus Station or the Royal Bus Yangmingshan-Jinshan line from the front of the Bureau of National Health Insurance building on Gongyuan Road. From Jinshan, you can take the Keelung Bus to Keelung or the Tamsui Bus to Tamsui and get off at scenic spots along the way.
- From Tamsui MRT Station, take the Taiwan Tourist Shuttle’s Crown North Coast Route to scenic spots en route to Keelung Railway Station.
Bike Rentals and Bike Service – There are no bicycle rental shops in the Sanzhi and Jinshan areas that offer drop off service for cyclists.
- North Coast and Guanyinshan National Scenic Area Administration
- No. 33-6, Xiayuankeng, Shimen Dist., Demao Village, New Taipei City
- (02) 8635-5100 09:00~17:00